I’ve been a busy Kindle reader this past weekend! I finished 3 books and got half-way through another by midnight last night. (o_O) I LOOOOVE reading books on my Kindle Fire. It truly makes the reading experience so, so enjoyable. I’ve already devoured 5 books in January–4 of them Kindle books (the other was a print book, so not included in the list below)! I think I’m well on my way to blowing my goal of 36 books out of the water. If I end up achieving that yearly goal early, I’ll probably up the ante and tack on a few more! I love surpassing my own goals. It makes me happy. 🙂 [And just so you know, yes I’m one of those readers that will sit ALL day and read. I read 2-5 ALL this weekend. Each one is a full-length 100,000+ word novel except for The Assassin’s Curse, which is a novella.]
So, what have I been reading? Well, as you can tell from the graphic above, I’ve been quite obsessed with Lindsay Buroker’s novels. They are terrifically good, you guys. This series is definitely one of my all-time favorites.
1. Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis — This book is about a young woman who leaves her comfortable American life and moves to Uganda, adopts 13 daughters, and starts her own sponsorship ministry to help poor Ugandan children attend school. You guys, if you’re looking for a life-changing book, this is definitely a must-read. I was so moved and blessed by reading Katie’s memoir.
2. Dark Currents by Lindsay Buroker — This is the 2nd book in the Emperor’s Edge series. If you’d like to read my review, look here.
3. The Assassin’s Curse by Lindsay Buroker — This is book 2.5 of the Emperor’s Edge series, taking place between book 2 and 3. It is a novella that was action packed and starred Amaranthe and Sicarius. I maintain that you MUST read every single word that Buroker pens about her EE world, so get out there and read it! (You should probably read it in its proper order, however).
4. Deadly Games by Lindsay Buroker — This is book 3 of the Emperor’s Edge series. It’s honestly astonishing just how great each and every EE book is. I was very pleased with this one as well. I’ll be reviewing it sometime this week.
5. Conspiracy by Lindsay Buroker — I’m 48% of the way through this one, guys. WOW. I’m on the edge of my seat to see what happens next!
When I’m done with Conspiracy, I’ve planned to go on and read Blood and Betrayal. Then I’ve got some EE novella catching up to do. I’ll read Shadows Over Innocence and then I’ll read Ice Cracker II and Other Stories. I’ve actually already read Ice Cracker II, but I recently picked up the version with several more short stories, so I’ll delve into those. After I’m caught up on Buroker novels and novellas (she’s working on the 6th series installment now) I might read a couple more books before I dive into the fantasy The Last Sanctuary by P.S. Mokha.
What book series are you currently addicted to? I’d love to hear! Any new series discoveries? I’m always up for a good series.