See? Even this little Leaf-Buddy can find the silver lining! I mean, c’mon! Dude just fell a gazillion feet from a tree and found something to be happy about! 😉
In all seriousness, though, it doesn’t matter how dark or sad things look sometimes; joy can be had when you choose to see it. Some days, it’s not even sadness or stress that can get you down…it’s burn out…or a sense of being overwhelmed. Whatever it is that’s got you “down” or feelin’ blue, remember a very important lesson: “Count your blessings.” It is a healing, beautiful practice that will change your perspective. Some people like to write these down. Call them “Thankful Thoughts”, “Abundant Blessings”, or “Daily Blessings”. Give it a title that will make it official in your eyes. Here’s my list of things I’m thankful for on this beautiful, autumn day!
1. I’m thankful for my relationship with a loving, just, and almighty God.
2. I’m thankful for my supportive, encouraging, and amazing husband!
3. I’m thankful for inspirational music.
4. I’m thankful for the opportunity to work from home on my dreams!
5. I’m thankful for my family.
6. I’m thankful for my friends and the time I get to spend with them.
7. I’m thankful that I’m published and people are enjoying my book!
8. I’m thankful for an exciting weekend ahead!
9. I’m thankful for my health.
10. I’m thankful for fall weather and its beauty.
Try coming up with 10 of your own! You’d be surprised how much it can help change your attitude when you’re not quite feeling yourself! If you’d like, make it a daily or weekly practice to help increase your sense of joy and gratitude. You may be wondering what this sort of discipline has to do with writing and reading. Well, as you fellow authors out there know, writing and being a published author is HARD WORK. It can leave you very mentally tired and burnt out sometimes–even though it is your DREAM and you LOVE it. It’s important to be cognizant of your emotional and mental well being and if you need to step back and take a minute to love on yourself, that’s A-OKAY.
Enjoy your Friday! Get out there and enjoy the fall weather! Take a break from writing and reading for a minute and explore a trail ablaze with autumn colors! Spend time with your loved ones and soak in all the joy and hope and thankfulness that you can!