So, I read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings when I was in high school and ever since, I’ve been obsessed with Tolkien and his magnificent world! I read the books. I watch the movie. I’m one of those nerds who tries to learn Elvish (both Quenya and Sindarin varieties). I also play LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online). My race of choice in that game? Hobbit. No question. However, as I’m growing older, I’m finding myself more drawn to Hobbit-y life.
Things that make me convinced I’m a hobbit at heart:
1. I adore food–especially meat and veggies. I’d be happy eating the customary 6-7 hobbit meals daily.
2. I love leisure. I really love kicking back, enjoying nature, and relaxing. It is terrific.
3. I’m super short (for an adult female). We’re not talking under 5′ or anything, but I’m 5′ 3″, which is below average.
4. I have a distinct appreciation for tea.
5. Though I don’t smoke, myself, I love the smell of pipe smoke.
6. I’m enchanted with faraway places, even though I love being home the best.
What about you!? If you could be one of the races in Tolkien’s Middle Earth, which would you choose and why?