Happy Friday, everyone! I thought it would be fun today to update you guys with my progress on my current work-in-progress (WIP)! I like to do fun memes from time to time and I figured I could tag a few folks and make it a party! Want to see what writing I’ve been up to lately? Ready? Set? Let’s dive in!
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
The Uncanny Disappearance of Gerhardt Flandersen
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
3. How many words are you into it?
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
To break 90,000 words
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
Fantasy, Young Adult, Steampunk, Science-Fiction
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
By the end of July
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
“He had no idea what sort of creature lay inside the machine, but it went without saying that he needed to rescue it.”
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Writer’s block. I’ve fixed that to some extent by adding in another POV to spice things up and to make the WIP more interesting.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
Getting to explore a whole new cast of characters that are wholly different from my Tales from Niflheim series and to get to try out the whole “steampunk” thing to a small extent.
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
Not sure yet. Maybe a fun date with the hubby? 🙂
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!
>> Cassandra Janey
>> Tuan Ho
>> Kendra C. Highley
Or, if you weren’t tagged, feel free to copy the questions and do it yourself! I’d love to see what you’re working on! Sharing is super fun!
Happy Friday, all! I hope that you’re having a terrific day today! Happy Reading and Writing. 🙂